Welcome to Steve Barras
- Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m dead. I occupy living human bodies.
- Tell us why you’re embarking on this adventure?
I didn’t choose it. It was thrust upon me. But I don’t want anyone else to go through this, either.
- Do you have a moral code? If so what might it be?
…I did, once. I helped people. I was good at it. But then I died, and now I have to kill to survive.
- Would you kill for those you love?
…I killed those I loved. I stopped myself and only kill strangers now.
- Would you die for those you love?
There’s no point. I’m already dead.
- Who is your greatest enemy?
I am my own worst enemy. But I will stop the Other in any way I can.
- What is your greatest weakness (we won’t tell)?
I can’t just die for real. Instinct forces me out to hunt when by all rights I should die with the body.
- How would you describe yourself?
Look in the mirror. You won’t see me there, because I’m already wearing your body.
- How do you think others see you?
They don’t because they would only see someone they already know.
- Do you believe you will be successful in your quest?
I have to be. The Other is killing for the thrill of it. I have to stop him, show him he doesn’t have to live this way. He doesn’t have to burn this fast and I can show him how to live a little longer.
- What is your greatest fear?
That I will spend eternity burning out bodies until there are no more left.
- What do you think of your author/creator?
Another body to occupy until it burns out. *shrug* Not my preferred choice in bodies, but if needs must, then I will take it.
For the author
Books in which this character appears:
A Burning Rainbow Man, a short story
Available from Smashwords
Links, short author bio…
You can find my work here:
and of course, here on Bundle Rabbit.
Ann Stratton started writing at thirteen, with the typical results. She’s gotten a little better since then, she hopes, having taken a much more serious approach in later years. She lives in Southeastern Arizona, trying to juggle too many interests at once.