CHARACTER NAME Kairi Johnson
- Tell us a little about yourself.
Unfortunately, I’m an orphan. I don’t know anything about my family—and I really wish I did! I’m also a student at the University of Colorado where I have an awesome boyfriend, Josh and my best friend Dakota.
- Tell us why you’re embarking on this adventure?
My adventure all started when I went with Josh on a spring break road trip to Padre Island, TX. I actually found …an engagement ring when I was packing the car! But it really went downhill from there when we ran into a tornado and then I got stranded by the side of the road. So, as for the ‘why’ I basically had to, I had to figure out what was going on so I could save myself and my friends.
- Do you have a moral code? If so what might it be
I definitely have a moral code. Since I don’t have a family, my friends are precious to me. I would do anything, and I do mean anything, to keep them safe.
- Would you kill for those you love?
- Would you die for those you love?
- What is your world like? How does it differ to mine?
- Who is your greatest friend?
My greatest friend is Dakota, she’s my sister from another mister. We met in the foster care system and I’d do anything for her.
- Who is your greatest enemy
- Is your world populated by different races? How do they get along?
- How do you define ‘heroism?’
Heroism is showing up and standing up to difficulty even when you don’t understand what’s going on or you’re not sure you can succeed.
- Tell us about your family?
I wish I knew.
- What is your greatest skill/asset
I keep on going no matter what! Is that stubbornness? I guess it is.
I’m starting to get an inkling, however, that I might have a special power which might turn out to be my greatest skill/asset.
- What is your greatest weakness (we won’t tell).
I am much more insecure than I seem. I’m also very lonely. I get envious of other people who have families.
- Within your civilisation what do you think is the most important discovery/invention?
- How would you describe yourself?
I would describe myself to others as fiercely loyal and tough. With no family I’ve had to be tough and depend on myself.
- How do you think others see you?
I think others see me as a regular woman, but they’re wrong. Josh says I’m pretty…
- Do you believe in god(s)?
- Within your culture what is the political structure.
- Do you believe you will be successful in your quest
- What is your greatest fear?
- What do you think of your author/creator?
- If you could have three wishes what would they be?
- Do you believe in magic?
- Tell us about your greatest achievement
For the author
Books in which this character appears: Temporal Dreams
Links, short author bio…
This also features in Spring Surprise Bundle
Lesley L. Smith has published seven science fiction novels including Temporal Dreams, The Quantum Cop, A Jack By Any Other Name, and Conservation of Luck.
Her short science fiction has been published in several venues including “Analog Science Fiction and Fact” and “Daily Science Fiction.” She is an active member of the Science Fiction/Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) and Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers (RMFW).